Pai Mu Tan (White Peony) is also called the mountain tea, and it is quite remarkable and rare. It is a known type of white Chinese tea all over the planet. Tea is of slightly golden color. It is picked only a few days a year, in April and early fall. During picking white tea leaves are specially treated and minimally processed, resulting in highly healing powers. It has similar healing properties as green tea but its healing powers are far greater than with the premium green tea.
Healing properties – of pai mu tan tea
- It has a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels
- It is extremely rich in vitamin P, which strengthens blood vessels (it is very recommended for women who have problems with varicose veins)
- It is extremely rich in vitamin C
- It prevents cardiovascular disease
- It contains a lot of epigallocatechin gallate, and has the ability to protect the body against various types of cancer
- Epigallocatechin gallate also protects the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and prevents the formation of tumors
- It strengthens bones
- It protects against dental caries
- It fights the signs of skin aging
- It is extremely rich in antioxidants, up to two times more than the premium green teas
- It is extremely rich in vitamins and strengthens the immune system
Preparation – of pai mu tan tea
- Heat 2.5 deciliters of water to 70 ͦC
- Put 1 small teaspoon in the cup
- Pour the water in the cup
- Leave the cup for about 2-3 minutes
- After this you can start enjoying Pai Mu Tan tea which has a pleasant mild sweet and refreshing taste with caffeine only in traces.
Additives to the prepared – pai mu tan tea
With Pai Mu Tan tea sugar, cream or lemon are not suitable. Suitable for this tea is dried fruit and a delicious cake.
Breeding and picking – of pai mu tan tea
It is grown only in some areas of China in Fujian Province at altitudes greater than 1,500 meters under strictly controlled conditions. It is highly respected and popular because it is picked only a few days a year, in April and early fall.
Processing and classification – of pai mu tan tea
For Pai Mu Tan tea only the youngest leaves and buds are carefully selected. These buds are covered with short white hairs and because of these hairs dried leaves are of silvery-white color. These leaves are steamed and dried and a great care is put into avoid rolling, withering or fermentation. Because of this processing much more antioxidants remain than in green and black tea, and it is more healing.
Origin and history – of pai mu tan tea
Pai Mu Tan tea originates from Chinese province of Fujian.
When we talk about Pai Mu Tan tea we are actually talking about green tea. For a long time it was classified under the group of green teas but it is separated. It is believed that the Pai Mu Tan is a close relative to Silver Needle white needles.
Rightly Pai Mu Tan is a synonym for royal, since hundreds of years ago it was consumed at royal palaces.
Other facts about pai mu tan tea
Other names for Pai Mu Tana are Bai Mu Dan, White Peony. White tea is a tea that is extremely good for skin care and it is more and more widely used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic purposes. It has a calming effect on the skin. Studies have shown that white tea is 100% more effective than green and black tea in protecting the skin from loosening.admin